I have decided to embark on new territory: blogging.
Let us not get too hasty, though! I am NOT a writer and I can easily become discouraged at the idea of sharing my words with others.
I think a disclaimer is necessary: I write like I think... and I may not have coherent thoughts. So sit back, relax, and just let your eyes do the work :)
I plan to use this blog as a venue to share my photographs and receive some much-need art critique. So I invite you loved ones to help me in my growth as a self-portraiture photographer.... but don't expect too much; I have been known to drop things like this at the first sign of discomfort. Ha!
Entrancing work!
ReplyDeleteI dig the ghostly images that give such an energy to the overall composition. So much to say about windows and reflective doors!
Something about the black dress one i like more. The weight it brings to the rest of the portrait, balanced with whats on the other side of the door. As if you are holding on from falling but don't really need it!
Keep it up! I'm sure whatever you post will be interesting to look at from all. :)
Yes! Don't stop writing no matter what. I can only imagine the beauty that will evolve from this! Plus it might actually help some people to get out there and develop their own ideas and endeavors in blog form rather than mourn their own existence *cough*cough* ;)
ReplyDeleteAs to the disclaimer: what writer doesn't try to write like she or he thinks? That is a talent and not to be taken for granted. :)
ReplyDeleteMy first thought. Your college work shines through in these images. The spirit has returned and with it the movement and veil of intentions. This time, as you are using digital, there is color, in this case a sepia red, which brings a warmth, yet stays monochromatic. Is this something you intended?
I wonder what you're thining as you make these. I guess you are like a metronome of sorts, tapping to a beat, which tells you when to get in and get out or to turn? Like three beats out, one beat in..? Voila, a spirit.
What does this spirit mean to you and what does it mean to your viewers?
DJ mentioned a weight to the black dress.
ReplyDeleteIs this right? Or is it more for contrast to the overall picture? I'm guessing your preference is for the white, so the illusion of transparency is more obvious? Is this important? Or do you choose the coloration of the outfits for any particular reason?
I'm a fan; keep me knowin' how your growin'.
ReplyDelete